With September upon us, and back-to-school in full swing, I took a look at the fun-filled Summer I had with my family. Because my husband is a teacher and I work part-time, we are lucky to have lots of family time in July and August. And this year we’ve been in ‘puppy training bootcamp’, so we stuck relatively close to home.
We managed to pack in 60 adventures in 60 days.
Here’s what we did, in random order:
2) Casey learned to walk!
4) Frequent trips to the driving range.
6) Visiting the Pet Store to buy dog treats and say hello to the animals.
8) We took my 4-yr-old to his first (and second) movie in the theatre.
9) Got a balloon animal from Halaloo the Clown at Tansley Woods Rec Centre- this was through a great program offered by the Burlington Public Library.
11) Mini-SNAP camp at Brant Hills two afternoons/week.
13) The ‘Biggest Little Night’ carnival, put on by the City of Burlington’s Parks & Rec Department.
14) Thursday night soccer with DASH Sports.
16) Climbing trees.
17) Drew learned to ride his bike without training wheels.
19) ‘Small Oneders’ library program at BPL’s Central Branch.
21) Backyard BBQ’s with our neighbors.
22) ‘Creep, Crawl, and Toddle’ at the Ontario Early Year’s Centre.
23) Weekly Monday night dinners (minus myself, as I work Monday evenings!) with cousins and grandparents.
25) Playing baseball at Emerson Park.
28) Lil’ Monkeys indoor playground and Tansley Woods indoor Treehouse.
29) A family reunion with my mother-in-law’s extended family.
31) Mountainside outdoor pool and splashpad.
33) Valleyridge splashpad in Oakville.
35) Bike rides with the double bike trailer attached.
37) The Niagara Skywheel in Clifton Hill.
39) A Hamilton TigerCats game at the University of Guelph.
42) Hosting friends for backyard lunchtime playdates.
44) Regular swims in my sister-in-law’s and in-law’s backyard pools.
45) Neighborhood ice cream truck visits and snow-cone stands.
47) LaSalle Park wading pool.
48) Burlington Children’s Festival at Beachway Park.
50) The Burlington Farmer’s Market.
51) Going to my husband’s weekly Touch Football games to cheer him on.
53. Paddleboarding at Burlington Beach.
55) Assumption Crusaders football camp.
59) An overnight getaway with friends in downtown Toronto.
“One must maintain a little bit of Summer, even in the middle of Winter.”
~Henry David Thoreau