Whew! Another busy Summer is in the books, as Fall officially rolls in next week. The Summer of 2013 brought my family 60 adventures in 60 days, and while we didn’t set out to match that number in 2014, we did try to enjoy a fun experience each and every day.
If you live in the Burlington area, bookmark this list, as nearly everything we did was within a two-hour drive. We re-visited some favourites from last year and found some new hidden gems:
1. Canada Day 5k race at Spencer Smith Park.
3. Wild Waterworks at Confederation Park.
5. Picking strawberries, raspberries, peas, and beans at Uncle Scott’s Farm.
6. Swimming in friend’s/family’s backyard pools.
8. Outdoor food truck picnic.
10. Feeding the chipmunks at LaSalle park.
12. Within Range driving range and mini-putt.
14. Alton Village splashpad/skate park.
16. Hosting playdates.
17. Celebrating 8 years of marriage.
19. Patio nights with my girlfriends.
20. Crossfit, running, hot yoga; staying active.
22. ‘Planes: Fire and Rescue’ movie.
24. Golfing at Lowville.
25. Tansley Woods library trips and the BPL Children’s reading club.
27. Nelson outdoor pool/splashpad.
29. Running hills at Bronte Park.
30. Family skate at Appleby Ice Centre.
32. Orchard park splashpad.
33. Millcroft Park splashpad.
35. Helping with my in-law’s basement after Burlington’s August 4th flood.
37. Mountainside pool/splashpad.
39. Neighbourhood playgrounds.
41. Burlington Mall Farmer’s market.
42. Oakville’s Valleyridge splashpad.
43. Central Library’s showing of ‘The Lego Movie’.
44. Back-to-school shopping.
45. Lil’ Monkeys Indoor Playground.
47. ‘Camping’ in a tent in the backyard.
49. Burlington Children’s festival.
50. Backyard BBQs with our awesome neighbours.
51. The odd (gasp!) sleep-in.
53. Giving “Injury Prevention, “Biomechanics,” and “Movement Screening” talks at the Running Room.
54. Naturopath appointments.
56. Assumption High School football camp.
58. Fantasy Football draft.
59. Skyzone Indoor Trampoline Park.