To say I’ve had a great Summer would be an understatement. I’m a chronic over-planner, and my family is always up for adventure, so we cram our Summer FULL of fun. I’ve published two other Summer-fun lists, in 2013 and 2014, and now my children are eight and five years old, so our exploits and abilities are expanding as they grow.
We’ve found some incredible hidden gems this year; check out some of our experiences, and keep them in mind for yourselves!
1. BlueJays game on Canada Day.
2. Canada Day fireworks at Spencer Smith Park.
3. Port Dover beach.
4. Golfing at Lowville Golf Club.
5. Both kids playing baseball with BOMBA.
6. Batting cages at Mainway Sports Centre.
7. Tri Kids triathlon at Appleby College.
8. Blood donor appointments at Canadian Blood Services.
10. $5 movies at Cinestarz Burlington.
11. Hot yoga.
12. Honda Indy in Toronto.
13. 11-year anniversary dinner at DiMario’s Trattoria.
14. Half marathon training, including weekly long runs with my wonderful Michaela.
15. Sunday brunch with girlfriends.
16. Royal Ontario Museum.
17. A week at The Wave hockey camp for my son.
18. A week at Pedalheads bike camp for my daughter.
19. Weekly Monday-night dinners with cousins.
20. Monthly book club meetups.
21. Coffee catchups with friends.
22. Regular massage tuneup appointments.
23. CrossFit Kids Saturday morning sessions.
24. Food truck festival.
25. The Donkey Sanctuary, just outside Guelph.
26. Rainbow loom bracelet-making. (Thanks to family and friends who handed down their rainbow-loom supplies a few years after this trend passed; my kids were too young for it then, but they both love it now.)
27. Fishing (Robert Edmondson Park and LaSalle Park marina).
28. Having nieces and nephews for sleepovers.
29. Evening beachside walks with friends.
30. 1-on-1 Date Days with our kids: BlueJays games, pony rides, Mountainside Pool, and bowling/laser tag at Splitsville.
31. Dinners on downtown patios.
32. Bi-annual optometrist appointments for the kids.
33. Checking out the newly-renovated Nelson outdoor pool.
34. RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey.
35. Trips to Central Library.
37. Helping at Wellington Square’s Friday Night Community dinners.
38. Lemonade stand.
39. Family reunion for my mother-in-law’s family.
40. Touch football league games for my husband.
41. Standup paddleboard yoga at Christie Lake.
42. CrossFit classes.
43. Assumption Sports Camp.
44. Bad Axe throwing with the Burlington Sports & Spine team.
45. Disco Dash 10k race.
46. Toronto Island sprint triathlon for my husband.
47. Fit in the Core outdoor yoga class at City Hall.
48. Burlington Children’s festival.
49. Backyard BBQs and fireside chats with wonderful friends.
50. Writing letters to Samuel, our sponsored child through World Vision. (As an aside, this is one of the BEST things we’ve done; we began sponsoring Samuel in the Spring, and we write to him often.)
51. Dinner and arcade games at QB’s Sports Grill.
52. Family workouts at the Chedoke and Dundurn stairs.
53. A cottage weekend at my sister-in-law’s cottage in Muskoka.
54. Go-carts at Lakeland Kartway.
55. Assumption Football Camp.
56. Zac Brown Band concert at the Budweiser Stage.
57. Regular kid’s visits and chiropractic appointments at Burlington Sports & Spine Clinic.
58. Aspire Climbing gym in Milton (American Ninja Warrior course, climbing walls, and bouldering).
59. Family sleepover at our dear friend’s home in Kitchener.